Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Sinking Deep

Have you ever found yourself in a struggle? Where you are just so desperate that everything in your being is crying for God?  Good! Jesus is not a fad. My church and I are currently in a series called, "Living Beyond Myself."  That our greatest joy in life is found being right in the middle of God's action and serving the local church. Your life will radically change when you find your best fit, get equipped, and serve others.  

You are called to be a priest. God is not looking for the equipped, but he equips the called. 
I can give you my own journey where as a youth director I tried to do it all. It wore me out and God spoke to me. "Don't be a fool. I put people around you for a reason!"

So you want to grow as a leader? Learn first that you need to empower others. When I did this I saw what God could do through others that I could not. Here is what you need to focus on first is that you are not looking for people to just be volunteers, but pioneers in ministry.


 Secondly, it is all about multiplication. We want to multiply ourselves in others by example, empowerment, and enlightenment .  It is not about HOW we do ministry, but who we are called to be. 1 Peter 2:9 says "but you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."  That is pretty clear. All called.  Why do some hold back doing ministry? I can think of a few reasons:


  1. Our past is too bad
  2. Do not feel talented
  3. Not close enough to God
  4. I have been hurt
I know because I have used these before, but I was thankful for the leaders who would not simply let me sit on the sidelines. God is not looking for one in a million, but for one of a kind and that's who you are. You were gifted and created to serve God in a unique way. I know that I wish I could relate to everyone( and I try too!), but you could the right person to minister to someone I simply never could reach. God did this on purpose!

 1 Corinthians 12:4-7 Message)  “God’s various gifts are handed out everywhere; but they all originate in God’s Spirit.  God’s various ministries are carried out everywhere; but they all originate in God’s Spirit.  God’s various expressions of power are in action everywhere; but God himself is behind it all.  Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits. All kinds of things are handed out by the Spirit, and to all kinds of people!  The variety is wonderful…”

Don't disqualify what God wants to do in your life today for you might be the only Jesus someone gets to encounter today.


Prayer:
Father,
I ask for wisdom and how I can best serve you today. Flood my life with your light! I ask for the gift's you have for me to serve the body of Christ. Help me to use the gift you have given me to advance your purpose in the local church.  I thank that your design reveals destiny and you have a plan for my life. In Jesus Name. Amen.







No comments:

Post a Comment