Monday, June 24, 2013

Water



Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’” (John 7:38 NLT)

I was 15 when I became a Christian. I had almost everything going for me, in a secular sense, but felt like there was always something missing. I remember walking into church for the first time. It was a small church with about 60 people in it! The music wasn't fabulous but it was captivating. There were no lights, no digital projectors and hardly a working PA system. The setting wasn't attractive but there was a 'spirit' there I couldn't describe or resist. Something sparked a fire inside me that 18 years later, is still burning hot. That 'something' I quickly understood to be Jesus and that 'fire' His purpose for my life. God has carried me through some pretty hectic circumstances and I've seen His faithfulness time and time again. I've had and seen so many opportunities, healings and blessings that I can never refute his existence and power. Life has been far more adventurous on the 'faith journey' than I could ever have seen it on the 'without-faith journey' but I wouldn't rather live any other way. Two contradicting elements have combined in me; His purpose, the fire, and His living water. The fire burns up all the junk in my life and sets me on His course. The living water sustains me and attracts others to His truth. If you don't know Jesus today I want to encourage you to ask Him into your life. It can be a simple prayer like "Jesus come into my life, I want to live with you and not on my own". It's a bold and exciting way to live and is filled with such a sense of peace and purpose. If you've prayed that make sure you get connected to a Bible-believing church. Your life will never be the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment