Monday, June 3, 2013

Album Review: Emmanuel Live Strong to Save



Alright so this is my first album review ever! Not sure if anything makes me credible. I've been a musician for 20 years and a worship leader for nearly that long too. No I am not ancient  only 33 years young! That aside. I am not even sure how I first ran across this album or Emmanuel to begin with, until I realized that I was following them on twitter. So I  first go get a taste by going and taking a quick listen on Google play Strong to Save. I figure if this is the title song then it has to be good and I instantly was hooked! This worship team puts that practice time in and turns it in to an outpouring. The lyrics were fresh and powerful! If you don't have the cash for the full album which is currently $9.99 I would for sure buy Strong to Save. It starts with a simple organic sound( the synth is there, but subtle) and when Mark Alan  begins to sing you are instantly taken to that sweet moment in worship.  We hit the chorus and now you feel the Holy Spirit just tugging at you to stop what you are doing and throw out every distraction and worship! I won't give away the whole song, but let's say if you are listening to the spoken word part and don't have hairs stand up on your neck.. well  you may dying and you should get checked out immediately.
 I invited a few other worship leaders to take a listen and they all adored it; " This might be one of the best Church worship albums released this year "~Jeremy Bishop (worship leader at Seacoast Church Charleston, SC)

I also was blessed by their church with all the chords and lyrics by sending an email out. So a big shout out to Eunice Djerf and Pastor Mark Alan (schoolmesters, not sure what that means but it's on there church website!). 

You won't be disappointed  buying this album!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment