Friday, May 17, 2013

Conforming or Transforming

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

I love this picture. It's simple isn't it?. Don't be the white dot. We are called to a pattern of living that separates us from others. The rest of scripture is beautiful in way that shows us the simplicity in following Christ.  I have heard my teens say.. "it's so hard following God... I am tempted. I don't know how to overcome. "  I always pick up this scripture and say..."Have you really read God's word.? Are you letting it change you or just reading a story? ' When you really say " God I let you  change me... TRANSFORM  ME.. then he does. It's when we let his word be a table decoration and only  hear the word at church that we fail to really let the word RENEW our mind. If you thinking is as the same as it was yesterday. Open a devotion. Maybe you find it a challenge to really read the word. Try http://churchofthehighlands.com/bible   I love that this scripture goes on to tell us that we are able to test in life what God's perfect and pleasing will is.  Maybe you are in a struggle to love someone. Maybe you are in moment where you feel stuck.. So today open up God's word and pray for revelation. Let him work in heart and transform your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment