Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Light

The Lord is my light and my salvation— so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? (Psalms 27:1 NLT)

 As I write this I'm sitting in beautiful and cleansing morning sunlight. There's always something fresh about sunlight, especially morning light...the light that breaks the darkness. Whatever fears or worries haunted you through the night, the morning light often brings a sense of hope. A sense of peace. The thought from this first verse in Psalm 27 is that whatever fear darkness brings into your life, just expose it to the light of Christ. Whatever thought or situation would have you think God can't bring you victory, just drag it into the presence of our Almighty Savior! Thinking like this gives me the mental picture of the old vampire movies where when exposed to day light or even a crucifix (haha yes!!!) those dark and evil things writhe and burn up in pain. What once was a predator becomes a victim in the light. Your fears and worries come from the voice of a predator who's only safe in dark places, disguised by shadows and illusions. Drag them into the light of Jesus and every shadow will disappear to reveal a weak and thwarted enemy. The light will be so bright those voices, fears and apprehensions (from the enemy) cannot stand it and writhe and struggle and slink away. Whatever fear you face - illness, lack, relationship breakdown, people, self confidence - bring them by the scruff of the neck into the presence of God, expose them to the light...they won't last long! The Lord is your light and salvation today.

Song: We are- Kari Jobe

No comments:

Post a Comment